You are here:


Money help and advice

Want to make the most of your money? Here's how.


Find out if you are eligible for any benefits at East Sussex County Council – Benefits.

Register to extend your Child Benefit payments

Are you aged 16 or 17 and have you recently left full-time education? If you are looking for work, education or training, your parent or carer can apply for a 20-week extension of child benefit payments. Just:

The extension normally lasts up to 20 weeks and starts on the first Monday after you stop education or training that counted for Child Benefit.

To find out more about Child Benefit, go to – Child Benefit.

Financial help for college and uni

To find out more about financial help for college, go to Financial help for further education (FE).

If you are going to uni, find out more about Financial help for higher education (HE).

Help with travel costs

Read more about Bus and train travel discounts

Advice for young parents

If you are a young parent, or you are going to have a baby, you are entitled to various forms of financial help. Find out more at I’m having a baby.

Funding and grants

If you would like some funding for a project in your local community, you can apply for a YouthBank grant. Read more at Grants for young people – YouthBank.

Find out about other sources of funding at Funding for young people.

Other money advice

For tips on saving money and coping with debts, take a look at some of these websites:

Over to you

What are your best tips for staying in control of your money?

Let us know!You’ve spotted a pair of trainers you’ve just got to have but you can’t afford right now. Do you…

Your comments

this page

This page is good and easy to use

22 Feb 2010
Average page ratingthreestars(2 votes cast)

Sign in or out of Connexions

Sign In