YouthBank grants for disabled young people
New grant round announced - Life More Ordinary (Adobe PDF, 990KB) - closing date 11 March 2013.
Hastings YouthBank has launched a grant scheme. Download further information and an application form (Adobe PDF, 881KB). The closing date is 4pm on Monday 4 March, 2013.
You can apply if you can say yes to the following:
- The project will benefit a group of young people aged between 11 and 19 living in Hastings & St Leonards
- The ideas for the project has come from young people themselves - or the organisation supporting the application can clearly demonstrate that young people need or want the project to happen!
- The project can be completed by the end of October 2013.
If you want to find out more, or just need help with the application, contact Tracey Johnson on 01424 726086 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
YouthBank is a scheme where you can apply for money, and other young people decide who to give the money to. There are local YouthBanks in East Sussex.
You can apply if you are 13 to 19, or up to 25 if you have special needs, and you live in East Sussex. It’s important that the idea and application form is written by you, but you will need an adult to support your application. You need at least two people in your group to apply.
Caption: Skaters from Bexhill celebrating getting a YouthBank grant
You can apply for between £500 and £2,500, depending on what you want to spend the money on.
Previous ideas have included:
- hiring a music venue to put on gigs
- setting up a breakfast club
- street dance classes
- building a skate park
- making a film about life in your community.
You can apply for anything that improves the places you go in your local area or the activities there are to do. Please read the guidance notes carefully for more ideas, as the information has changed from last year.
Download the YouthBank guidance notes. (Adobe PDF, 1.2MB)
Caption: Hastings YouthBank panel
Are you interested in joining the YouthBank team? We have five different panels of young people who make decisions about who gets a YouthBank grant and we are looking for new members to join them.
If you join you can get involved in:
- coming up with ideas for applications
- telling other young people about YouthBank
- visiting projects you’ve given money to
- organising events
- designing posters and publicity
- and even getting a qualification in grant making.
If you want to get involved, get in touch with the YouthBank Coordinator.
Ocean House, 87-89 London Road
East Sussex TN37 6DH
Phone: 01424 726086 9 am – 5 pm