If you’re aged 11-19 you can use this confidential service when:
- you need advice or support about lots of things: sexual and mental health, drugs and alcohol issues, family and relationships, training and education, money
- life is difficult for you, and you need a TYS worker to spend time with you and maybe your family (if you choose) to help you find ways to sort things out
- you’d like to find out about free activities, sport, groups and courses in your area.
Who are the TYS workers?
- They are all experienced and trained to give you advice and support.
- They have all enjoyed working with young people in schools, youth clubs, drop-ins and community spaces.
How does it work?
Once you and a TYS worker have spoken together you can both work out and agree what you would like or need.
This could for example be:
- seeing a 1-2-1 worker for a period of time
- attending a course, or
- attending a health and wellbeing drop-in.
How do I contact them?
You, a friend, family, teacher or social worker can phone or email us. Check the details for your area, and remember to phone between 11.30am and 2pm.
To find out about TYS youth work programmes near you, either contact your local number or search the What's on your doorstep? directory on this site.
Phone: 01323 466665
Phone: 01424 724150
Lewes (incl. Peacehaven, Newhaven, Seaford and Wealden)
Phone: 01273 335130
Phone: 01424 726101